Wednesday, June 5, 2013

MY STUPID HEART!


If I ever need a brain scan, they're going to have a hard time finding one in my head. I was born with a strange disorder that allows my heart to take precedence over my brain every time, regardless of the outcome.

Which only leads me to believe that I have a brain the size of a raisin, and a heart that could easily be a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade float all by itself.

Softer than a marshmallow (inside a very thick skull,) it has led me down so many unplanned paths, I'm surprised I haven't fallen down Alice's rabbit hole yet.

Or maybe I already have..."We're all mad here!" proclaimed The Cat, something I can certainly claim for myself.

I love animals with all my heart (see?) and cats have always been a weak spot. Let's see, since 1985 I've adopted Francie, Neeley, Joey, Jerry, Gumdrop, Dion-Smokey, Cristina, Nofio, Pasqualina of Arthur Avenue, Ollie and, last September, the only calico I've ever had, Miss Quincy the Quintessential Cat (as she is known on her Facebook page...she has more friends than I do.) Forget the vet bills, just think of the food and litter expense!

Many of them desperately needed medical help, their astronomical vet bills depleting my bank account but filling that damned stupid heart right up to the top. So what if I can't afford ANYTHING? I eased the suffering of beautiful and innocent little creatures who, in turn, provided unconditional love, lots of laughter (and a few bites and scratches) each in their own quirky cat way.

Another time, a dear friend was having a bad day. When I heard her crying, guess what had a meltdown? I had exactly $3.00 in my wallet, the bus fare to get to work the next day (payday.) On the way home, I spent it on a bouquet of flowers for my friend, and then had to borrow money to get to work.

Stupid heart, see?

And forget raisin, a brain the size of a mustard seed!






BEWARE OF NORTON LIFELOCK!!!

This is a short story about a disreputable, despicable company by the name of NORTON LIFELOCK. They deducted over $250.00  from my account W...