Friday, May 24, 2013

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I COULDN'T STOP CRYING...


...over my lost little girl Ollie, as I was making my bed this morning, I felt a crinkly lump at the foot and said to myself, "What the hell...?" A quick flip of the sheet revealed this...Mister Froggy, my little Quincy's first (and favorite) toy. How and when she managed to do this is beyond my ken, having just gone through two emotionally exhausting days, I was in a dead sleep and practically comatose.

Quincy (named for one of my musical gods, Quincy Jones) arrived in my life last September 2012. Someone had just left her in the 3rd floor hallway of the building in which I reside, something I suspect was an act of kindness with the hope that somebody would adopt a 6-week old calico kitten with almond-shaped, golden eyes and the sweetest disposition this side of Domino's.

I was initially annoyed by the knock on my door ~ 10:00pm on a hot, muggy night is NOT the time to startle a person ~ but I grudgingly went downstairs to see her. One look at this tiny creature and my heart melted. Against my better judgment (I have literally bankrupted myself because I was born with a heart at least 100 times larger than my brain) I decided to adopt her.

God surely does work in mysterious ways, for how was I to know that I would be losing my only other cat in less than a year's time?

Quincy was a financial struggle, but oh, so worth it. She is beautiful, smart as a whip, and hilarious to live with. She also has a typical NY attitude that I can only guess came from me, since we communicate on the same exact level: be nice to me...or risk the consequences. She's sweet, loving, tough and feisty, all at the same time. I always give my cats nicknames, and because she is such a screwball, her very appropriate nickster is Q-Ball.

Quincy will be one year old some time this August. She has brightened my life immeasurably, and I adore and love her beyond all reason. (She even has her own page on facebook ~ "Quincy the Quintessential Cat" ~ and has hundreds of friends!)

And so, here is my little Quincy, for all the world to meet...

6 week-old Quincy
Q-Ball and her Froggie pose
Making herself quite at home!
Pure unconditional love.....!

BEWARE OF NORTON LIFELOCK!!!

This is a short story about a disreputable, despicable company by the name of NORTON LIFELOCK. They deducted over $250.00  from my account W...