Friday, August 3, 2012

DON'T CALL THOSE PEOPLE ON FACEBOOK YOUR FRIENDS...THAT'S SICK!



Or so sayeth a certain blockhead who used to be part of my life and who simply cannot comprehend the word friend unless it's attached to money and power. This person could give Narcissus himself a few lessons on unchecked self-absorption.

Oh, there was a horrible earthquake in Turkey? "Who cares, I hate those people anyway." The Japanese earthquake? "I VISITED THE PEARL HARBOR MEMORIAL AND WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM FOR WHAT THEY DID, THOSE _____s!!!" The fact that we dropped not one, but two A-bombs on that country is dismissed as "typical liberal thinking."

The list is literally endless, and stunningly ignorant. And since I no longer have a desire to be Sisyphus, whose miserable fate was to roll a boulder (with hands and feet) up to the top of a hill, but always ~ just before he could roll it over on to the other side ~ the damned thing slid back down to the bottom of the hill. FOR ALL ETERNITY. Not for me, no thanks. Six decades of this shallow stupidity was more than enough.

The friends I have made on Facebook (in spite of Blockhead's "hero," the pill-popping phony with a name that rhymes with flush) are some of the most wonderful, intelligent, sincere and caring people I have ever met in this lifetime. And they certainly can be called friends, in every sense of the word. Free thinkers, creative, fair-minded, supportive, funny, I have come to love them all with no reservation.

Of course, there is the occasional malcontent who goes psycho on you for daring to disagree with them, but that's not a problem. BLOCK. How nice it would be if we could block people much the same way in real life!

So, my dear Facebook friends (you know who you are!) I thank you for your compassion, intelligence and wicked sense of humor, your creativity and your open minds and hearts. But most of all, your friendship.

Centanno! 
  












BEWARE OF NORTON LIFELOCK!!!

This is a short story about a disreputable, despicable company by the name of NORTON LIFELOCK. They deducted over $250.00  from my account W...