Sunday, August 11, 2013

POST CARD FROM ______________?

Well, all I can say is that any and all dealings I have had with my new home town-to-be have earned that stamp of approval. Be they banks, moving companies, medical offices, each and every response was respectful, informative and friendly.

Wow. After living in an increasingly rude New York City my entire life, nice people are certainly welcome at this point in time!

So are mornings so quiet, all you hear are birds singing...I can't even imagine what peace that will bring after hearing barking dogs, car alarms going berserk at all hours of the night, fire engines (do they really have to use that ear-splitting HONK while their sirens are going full-blast??) and all the other nerve-shattering noise served up by the "city that never sleeps" 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

My ears HURT!

I once met someone who was born and raised in a rural area. She said the NOISE of NYC made her "feel alive" and part of a city. Say WHAT? Would you care to trade places for a while? Because no place can be rural enough for me. Birds, crickets, wild life...and the trees communicate their spiritual beauty in silence, or through the soothing whisper of their branches when ruffled by a breeze. Winding roads, exploring new territory with more trees than buildings and, when you absolutely must interact with society, NICE people! What a concept.

I'll admit, it's a little scary to leave a city in which you were born and raised. But there is harsh truth in the saying "Familiarity breeds contempt" because I cannot remember disliking New York City as much as I do now.

So where will my new home be?? Sorry, I still cannot divulge that detail until I am physically there.

To quote Bob Dylan from a recent '60 Minutes' interview: "I don't like putting stuff out there that hasn't happened yet. The universe will steal it from you."

And I can't go against my lifelong mentor's advice now, can I?
















BEWARE OF NORTON LIFELOCK!!!

This is a short story about a disreputable, despicable company by the name of NORTON LIFELOCK. They deducted over $250.00  from my account W...