Tuesday, July 9, 2013

MOVIN' ON!

Just heard a radio announcer proudly tell us that New York City hosted 11 million tourists this past year...wow, just what a city of 8+ million people needs: MORE people. UCK.

As a native New Yorker (or New Yawka,) I have grown extremely weary of the chaos of city life, particularly in this 'capitol of the world' (but only if you have barrels of capital) and have decided to put it in the rear view mirror of a moving truck in the very near future.

And as much as I'd love to write a blog all about my new home and adventures ~ "Postcard From __________" ~ it ain't gonna happen, unless I keep that blank line blank.

Know why? Because I do not WANT to make it sound wonderful, affordable, clean, respectable and pretty or I may risk increasing the population, which is quite perfect at its current level, thank you very much. Now you see me, now you don't!

The moving process is, to put it mildly, arduous and exhausting. But it is also exhilarating to be able to clear out the closets of your life and just put it all in one huge dumpster. There is very little I'm taking with me, all reminders of a past I'd just rather forget. My parents' old family pictures? Pfffft! Dumpster City. I was a sentimental hoarder, and saved birthday cards, Christmas cards, notes, letters, you name it, some dating back 30 years...geez! Who needs all that crap? GONE.

Moving is also very cathartic. Out with the old, in with the new, and all that jazz. As tiring as it is, I feel energized and happy to finally get the hell out of Cement City, USA.

This morning, for the very first time in the 20 years where I am currently living, I was able to actually go out and arrive back home not drenched in anxiety-sweat. The external stimulation of so much activity and noise always put me on high red alert. Not so now...because I know that, with each and every foray out there, I am one step closer to never having to take that particular dreaded walk again.

Because of the above, my communications may be sporadic for a while but to quote General Douglas MacArthur, I shall return! 

And a special thank you to all the people around the world who are reading this little blog...from Russia to China, Indonesia, Australia, England, Ireland, Italy, Croatia, Armenia, South Africa (and more!) I am humbled and sincerely grateful to all of you.

Centanno!









BEWARE OF NORTON LIFELOCK!!!

This is a short story about a disreputable, despicable company by the name of NORTON LIFELOCK. They deducted over $250.00  from my account W...