Sunday, March 3, 2013

OF SOLITUDE, SILENCE, MUSIC AND CATS...


"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind." ~ Albert Einstein

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
~ Albert Schweitzer

Well now, seems like the advice of not one, but two genius minds is the way to go, doesn't it? It's a known fact that creative people require solitude...you can't very well write an intricate story with people flapping their tongues at you all day long about stuff which either aggravates your guts or bores you to death, leaving you drained of energy or, worse, chasing the elusive Muse away.

Nor can you paint a mural in a busy, crowded, LOUD restaurant (trust me, I've done it, it's a nightmare) where every burst of laughter makes you jump out of your skin, not to mention smattering paint everywhere. And the wonderful (and intoxicated) "advice"..."NO, YA GOT THAT WRONG, IT'S TOO DARK!" 

Uhh, EXCUSE ME, but does it look FINISHED to you or am I in the very beginning of the delicate process of CREATING an enormous mural?? Stupid people, loud people = NOT WELCOME.

I've managed to secure my solitude to about an 85% level now...but then, someone appears out of the foggy blue of the past, or you deal with 'neighbors' who either can't read or are just downright rude, and BAM! there goes the solitude. Again. Would YOU disturb a person whose door has this staring you in the face??



So, as soon as I realize that I have, once AGAIN, allowed my space to be invaded, it's corrected. And I am happily returned to the peace and quiet of solitude, creativity, music and cats.

My dear (and very wise) friend, Bill Goulding sent this to me a while back. I'd need a ream of paper and a box of pencils to finish the list. But I'm getting there, Bill, I'm getting there!




























BEWARE OF NORTON LIFELOCK!!!

This is a short story about a disreputable, despicable company by the name of NORTON LIFELOCK. They deducted over $250.00  from my account W...