Tuesday, February 5, 2013

WHERE DID YOU GO?




"I'm looking through youWhere did you go?I thought I knew youWhat did I know?
You don't look differentBut you have changedI'm looking through you YOU'RE NOT THE SAME..."             Lennon-McCartney, 1965





Words written almost 50 years ago, circling back home, taunting, as if to say, "You see? We were right. You were just too young and arrogant to give us any credence back then, but you do understand now, don't you...?"
Oh yes, I do. Understand. As Peggy Lee did in her almost-unbearably poignant song, "Is that all there is?" 
I understand all too well how rapidly this vicious trick called "life" goes by...where did you go? 
Youth, plans, hope, and the belief in something, ANYTHING that could make the agony of the present disappear because the future always held a surprise, that special corner where your own life met its destiny...what did I know? 
Except I never did find that corner. And I'm rapidly losing hope that I ever will. Not that it matters much anymore, it's all over but the funeral at this point...
You don't look different, but you have changed. I'm looking through you, you're not the same...







  


























BEWARE OF NORTON LIFELOCK!!!

This is a short story about a disreputable, despicable company by the name of NORTON LIFELOCK. They deducted over $250.00  from my account W...